It’s national Hunger Action Month, when Feeding America and its nationwide network of food banks draw attention to the issue of hunger with the goal of creating a movement throughout September that has a real and lasting impact on the issue of hunger in our communities. Here are some great ways you can take action this month to show your commitment to helping the 392,000 Utahns, and 1 in 6 children, who face hunger in Utah.
- Get your gift matched! Help us reach our goal of raising enough funds to reach 20,000 meals by taking advantage of this opportunity. Just click HERE to donate and your gift will be matched (up to $5,000).
- Register for our H.A.M. It Up Against Hunger Race on September 29 in St. George. All proceeds from this family-friendly 5K will benefit our work in Southern Utah!
- Take a photo or selfie of yourself holding an empty plate and tell us what you can’t do on an empty stomach by completing this sentence: “On an empty stomach, I can’t ____”. Tag us in your post and we will do our best to share it, and be sure to use the #HungerActionMonth hashtag! Check out the examples below!
- Start a Facebook Fundraiser and tell all your friends and family about it!
- Consider sharing a video about hunger in Utah, whether it’s a story about one of our clients or our “Carrots” TV commercial, it’s a great reminder that hunger is all around us.
Thank you for your support and for taking action to help us continue our mission of Fighting Hunger Statewide! Happy Hunger Action Month!