September 15th We Recognize Hunger Action Day
As we approach the halfway mark in September, Hunger Action Month is a crucial time to raise awareness about food insecurity and make a real impact in your community. The opportunity to have donations matched up to $50,000 by an anonymous donor is a fantastic chance to double your impact and help us reach our goal of 450,000 meals in September. Here are six additional ways you can get involved this month:
- Make a Donation: Your financial support can make a significant difference, no matter what size your gift is. Remember that every dollar donated in September will be matched, up to $50,000, effectively doubling your contribution. For your gift to be eligible for this matching offer, click here.
- Spread the Word: Share this message and the campaign’s details with your friends, family, and social media networks. Encourage others to donate and join the cause during Hunger Action Month. Engaging with our social media platforms can help you stay engaged and informed about our ongoing efforts to combat hunger. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at @utahfoodbank.
- Volunteer: If you have the time and availability, consider volunteering at Utah Food Bank, or one of our 230 partner agencies across the state. Our organization relies heavily on volunteer support, and your time can make a significant impact. In fact, last year we were the beneficiaries of 156,656 volunteer hours – the equivalent of 75 full-time employees. We simply could not do what we do if we had to pay staff to do what our volunteers do for us! Sign-up today!
- Host a Fundraiser: Organize a fundraising event in your community or workplace. You can get creative with virtual fundraisers, bake sales, charity runs, or any other activity that can help raise funds for the cause. You can even create your own online fundraiser with a unique URL that you can send to your network of friends and family to help support our efforts. Learn more about DIY fundraisers
- Learn About Hunger: Educate yourself and others about the causes of hunger and food insecurity in our community. Having a deeper understanding of the experiences of our neighbors experiencing hunger can help you motivate others to join the fight. Our website features many stories of those impacted by our work.
- Support Local Food Drives: Participate in local food drives to collect non-perishable items for Utah Food Bank. These items can make a difference in the lives of those struggling with hunger. Food drives provide a broad variety of food that we don’t receive through commercial donations or purchased foods. This means our clients have a chance to choose the specific foods that their families enjoy, just like you do at the grocery store. Sign up to host your own food drive here.
Remember that your contribution, whether it’s a gift of food, time, or money, can make a tangible impact on the lives of individuals and families facing food insecurity. By coming together during Hunger Action Month, you can help alleviate this pressing issue and provide hope to those in need.