As many of you saw and heard, we put out a desperate call for volunteers last week. Due to an outpouring of support, and to keep in mind the newest guidelines put forth by the CDC, we are revising our volunteer policy for the time being as such:
- Volunteer Hours: M-Th 12-7:30 pm, F 10-4:30 pm, Sat 8 – 1 pm
- Please call our volunteer department at 801-887-1234 to request a time to come in to help. We need to control the number of people present during each shift, so are asking that you do not walk-in, as previously requested. If you would like to volunteer at our St. George warehouse, please call 435-656-9122 to schedule a time.
- Total volunteer numbers will be limited to 20 people total (10 per room) to allow for social distancing protocols.
- We request that you come in a group of no more than 5 people.
- Ages 12 – 60 only, please.
- Shifts will be limited to 1.5 hour at a time, to allow for effective sanitation between shifts.
- All volunteers will be asked to sanitize their hands as they walk in, and gloves will be provided for all volunteers.
- Please do not come if you are showing any signs of illness.
Thank you for your incredible support during this difficult and uncertain time. We will continue to keep you updated as to our efforts to help those in need, and how our amazing community can help us do so. Watch our social media channels for the most up-to-date information regarding our efforts and needs.
If you would like to support our efforts through financial donations, please consider a gift to our Virtual Food Drive. Financial support will allow us maximum flexibility in meeting the needs of Utahns facing hunger during this rapidly-changing scenario.