You CAN Make a Difference This Holiday Season!
The holiday season often brings thoughts of traditional meals, gifts and special memories shared with loved ones. But for thousands of Utahns, this season is difficult to bear as it becomes challenging for them to meet even the most basic needs.
Here are a few helpful links as you determine the best way for you and your family and friends to give this holiday season:
- Take part in a Thanksgiving Day tradition by running or walking in the Utah Human Race.
- Utah Food Bank is going green and not distributing donation bags anymore! You can still donate food while taking advantage of our ability to stretch each $1 donated into $7.61 of goods and services by giving through our Virtual Food Drive.
- If you still want to donate food, you can use any bag and drop off food donations at any Smith's, RC Willey, Riverton Chevrolet, Riverton Hyundai, or Riverton Mitsubishi. You can also always drop off food at your local pantry, or at Utah Food Bank's warehouse at 3150 S 900 W in Salt Lake.
- Get a return on your investment! Utah Food Bank can turn your $1 donation into $7.35 worth of goods and services.
- Host your own Food Drive! Organize your business, neighbors, family or church group to combine forces for even greater impact!You can host a virtual food drive, collect food, or a combination of both!
- In lieu of holiday gifts to clients, friends and family, consider giving a personalized Utah Food Bank Holiday Tribute Card.
- Dial 2-1-1 and get connected with organizations that need volunteers or can provide help.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest information on events and food drives you can participate in!
We encourage you to support the organizations that support Utah Food Bank and want to extend a special thanks to our 2015 Holiday Food & Fund Drive Sponsors: